August 10, 2008

Its like waiting for Christmas... nervously

So remember when you were a little kid and when it got to December it was all about how many more big sleeps until Santa came and you would be able to open your presents and get all your new toys? I remember my parents telling me "Only 5 more sleeps until its Christmas!" and it truely felt like those five days would take forever to go by. As I've gotten older time seems to pass by more and more quickly. I started noticing that in college when months and semesters would go by faster than I realized. Now, being in the working world days, weeks, and months fly by and I'm constantly trying to get time back and slow the days down.

Lately I'm starting to feel time like a little kid again in particular aspects of my life. When I'm distracted by work and all the things that need to get done, the day goes by quickly. But when I have a moment to stop and think and maybe even look at a calendar it feels like each day goes by so slowly... We have our follow-up doctor appointment to go over the results of the tests that were done this month on August 21st. That's still 11 long days before we get details on the tests and what we need to do next. From what we've been told everything looks normal. To add to my day countings is that we are getting closer and closer to the end of my cycle and another chance to see if we were successful or not.

Its hard not to resist getting too optimistic too. We've been told that when you do the HSG test there's a greater chance of getting pregnant since the plumbing has been all cleared out. Plus I've been doing my OPK (ovulation predictor kits) this month and we've done a good job at timing it right around the LH surge. So like I said, its hard to ignore all these positive things and try not to hope just a little that this month might be different from all the rest. The worst part of it is though is that we still have five more big sleeps until we can find anything out. And hopefully when those five days are up I will have reason to wait another five days and take a test for some positive results (if you know what I mean)!

So here's to trying to stay positive but not getting your hopes up too high.

No comments: