September 2, 2008

Setbacks

Since my last post so much has happened. To stick with my analogy, Christmas came, Santa brought exactly what I was wanting, but then the evil Grinch took it away. Basically we found out that we were pregnant but then two days later I started experiencing some complications and was put on bed rest for four days. I've had about four blood draws in the last week and about twice that number in actual needle sticks (but we're getting better at it!). We found out on Thursday last week that I miscarried. Now, as if going through all of the highs and excitements about finding out the good news and then the roller coaster of good news and bad news wasn't enough... now I just found out that we may have to wait almost two more months before we can even legitimately (ie: my body may cooperate) start trying again. I was under the mistaken impression that everything was gone already due to the fact that it was like my monthly friend came last week (sorry for TMI). But apparently that's not the case. The vampires are going to keep taking my blood on a weekly basis until my hcg (the pregnancy hormone) goes negative. But before that goes negative I'll have a visit from a friend (if you catch my drift, I'm trying to keep from sounding too graphic). Then once I get a negative test about FOUR to SIX WEEKS later I should have a normal period and then we get to try again. Anything before that is very unlikely that we would be successful.

I am grateful now to know that we are physically able to do this. Now the task at hand is trying to be patient and let the days go by without thinking about how much time is being "wasted". I am so ready to do this again and see if we can get this to work again. But now we have to wait probably close to two more months before anything can really happen. The upside is that the doctors have said that just because we were able to do it on our own they are still going to work with us and most likely what will happen is they will do a superovulation round with clomid once I get back to normal. So the project is to get me pregnant again and to keep me that way for a beautiful 9 months.

So here's to being patient, not loosing my mind, and keeping my fingers crossed that we can do that at the very least....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page