September 10, 2008

Waiting...

So very shortly after my last post things progressed nicely and my hormone levels - specifically hcg - went negative. So now we're just waiting... the doc said that if I had anything resembling a period any sooner than three weeks from last Thursday that it was not what we're looking for... so we're about one week down, two to five to go! I am hoping that its more like the two to three week range that something will happen.
All I can say is that last week and probably in the next month I probably haven't been this happy to get a period since I was in college.
In the meantime I haven't been thinking about everything too much. At this point it almost feels like a bad dream. At first when they said it could take four to six weeks before we could try again I was so frustrated and irritated because I wouldn't be able to try again right away. Now that we're in that time frame I'm starting to think that its a blessing in disguise because for the first time in several months I haven't been thinking constantly about monitoring my body and checking ovulation and temperatures and everything. To be honest its a nice break from the efforts of monitoring baby making signs.
I'm in a much more positive place this week than I have been in the last two or three. I'm hopeful that when we are able to try again that it will happen quickly and when it does we will be much more prepared to handle any issues that might happen and my doctor will be better prepared to react.

No comments: