October 30, 2008

Day 2

So here's the excitement for the day:

Went to RE today. Got Baseline ultrasound done. I know this isn't an indicator of the number of mature follicles that we'll get with the clomid, but they counted 17 follicles in the right and 14 follicles in the left. The nurse said that was good, they usually look for anything over 10 (total). They took some blood as well, and then I got my drug instructions. I tell you - when the nurse started showing me what I needed to do to mix the medication and then how to give myself the trigger shot, that needle started looking bigger and bigger. I definitely will not be doing that to myself! My mother-in-law used to be a nurse so if the timing permits then I'll be heading over to her house for a shot... otherwise dh will be doing it for me!
Start the clomid tomorrow. Crazy times here we come! They have me taking 100mg/day (2 pills). I wonder is that the normal starting dosage? I'm trying to find out cause three of my friends did clomid and all they got was one egg. To be honest I would be pretty happy if I got two cause then maybe twins... and I am totally ok with that!

The only concerning moment of the day is that I do have cyst on my left ovary. She said that it only measures 10mm x 16mm so its not within the range that they start to get concerned. But it kind of concerns me.... but the show is still going forward so I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My cyst is 51mmX51mm. Its a biggun!

Good luck with this cycle!