October 22, 2008

What would you do?

So I received an invite for a baby shower of one of my friends today. She's not a super close friend (actually is the one that I blogged about previously that likes the taste of her foot - see previous post), but I was planning on going.

However I'm thinking not so much anymore... the invite calls for guests to wear a big baggy shirt 'cause they are going to have fake pregnant bellies for everybody to enjoy!!!! Say what??? I can say maybe at some point its a cute idea but I am definitely not into this.

So I've declined attending. I'm not sure if she even knows what her fertile mertle sisters are planning so I am hesitating to call her and let her know why I won't be there. I feel like I owe her something other than a fake answer of "I'm busy" when I'm really not.What to do? Would you tell her the truth that I just can't fathom having to try and handle a couple of hours wearing a fake pregnant belly after experincing infertility and then miscarrying not even two months ago? Or just "I'm busy"?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd stick with the busy thing, personally.
And until you're sure that she knows about the shower DONT say anything to her! That would just be mean.

Jenn said...

good point - that's what i decided I would do. I figure its probably a surprise so i wouldn't want to spoil it for her, and the day is about her not my issues...