October 29, 2008

Ok I had to post again

So just in case anybody out there is actually reading this :)

I'm starting Clomid on Friday. So I'm back on Google looking up stuff on Clomid and trigger shots and monitoring it with ultrasounds. I found this most kick ass website. I think its the first website that I've found that isn't some random person's website, is a question and answer, or makes no sense at all.

http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/CareGuides/fertility

This is friggin awesome! I guess what I'm really excited about is that they talk about using Clomid along with monitoring ultrasounds, which is what I'm doing. Alot of the stuff on the website is women who have been given Clomid, a pat on the head by their doc, and instructions to come back in three months if not pregnant yet. That's not what I'm doing. But this website has raised some questions for me to ask. One very important question is that it says that there are two regimes that are followed for Clomid - taking it days three through seven or five through nine. If you do days three through seven you get your next ultrasound on day 10.... and the other regime is on day 12... uh... the nurse scheduled me for CD14... so I have made a note on my list of questions to ask to make sure that's right. To be honest I was a little surprised when she scheduled that today anyways and that was just based on second hand TTC knowledge that I've gleaned from my friends who have blazed the Clomid path ahead of me. And to be honest CD11 would be perfect - its a Saturday so I wouldn't to worry about missing work or anything! (You must think that I love work or something, no - I just have a guilt complex about constantly sneaking away from work for 1 1/2 hours (driving time, etc) on a frequent basis)...

So just wanted to share super website of info.. wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments: