October 17, 2008

Can YOU talk with your foot in your mouth too?

So it still amazes me how easily some people's feet fit into their mouths and they have no idea that they've even done it. Last night I was having dinner at a friend's house who I hadn't seen in awhile. Her and her 6 sisters have an uncanny level of fertility. Essentially they decide - I'm going to be pregnant - and it happens.(BTW - she's currently 7 months prego)

So it came up that my dh and I have been trying for two years now. At the point of the miscarriage it had been 22 months and I said something to that effect. Her and her husband look at each other and he laughs and says 22 months - gosh it takes us like 22 seconds, I wish it would take us 22 months. While I wasn't about to go infertility balistic on them, in my head I was thinking "Really? Did you Really just say that to somebody who hasn't been able to get pregnant for 22 months and then when she finally does she miscarries at 6 weeks?? REALLY???" Then she proceeds to ask me if I know when I'm ovulating (which I look at her, like really are you asking me this?) and proceeds to tell me about how she knows and that b/c of that they know when to do it and then she gets pregnant! Well goody for you!

Then I got the standard pep talk about don't get stressed out cause maybe that can have an effect, and "I believe that everything happens when its supposed to happen and there's a greater plan out there". Ok thank you for the life philosophy, I tend to believe that too, but that's not going to stop me from feeling sucky that my lady business is obviously a little broken or at least doesn't fire on all cylinders and that when I finally did get pregnant it didn't stick!

Like I said - I haven't seen them in awhile, her family is wierdly fertile so they obviously have never had to hear about any of this stuff, and its amazing how people can put their foot in their mouth and then just keep talking like they have no clue.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"I believe that everything happens when its supposed to happen and there's a greater plan out there".

I LOATH when people say shit like that!

Or...

"its just not your time.."

HATE IT!!