November 21, 2008

Its come to This

So unfortunately for me I just realized that its been 10 days since I got my HCG shot. For those of you familiar with hcg shots and infertility, you know that this means that technically the surge of hcg has probably cleared my system and any remaining hcg (if its there!) is due to being pregnant.

Here's the problem:

1)been told to test in another week which if we were doing this normally would be about the time when I would get AF and would normally poas (pee-on-a-stick).

2)have realized hcg shot has cleared system so technically we could probably test this weekend

3)early testing has issues: if its negative it could be too early to detect natural hcg in my system or if its positive I couldn't trust it b/c there could be residual hcg in my system and give me a false positive.

So you see the issue here? I would just like to say that I am NOT going to test until my dr approved test date. The temptation is there though. So what its come to is I need a refill on my prenatal vitamins - I can't go into a Walgreens because of the temptation to buy a hpt (home pregnancy test). So I have to send dh to go get my prescription. This is sad right? Its like I'm a recovering alcoholic and can't be around anybody drinking b/c I might relapse. I'm have poas withdrawals!

I'll be fine - just have nothing much to do at work right now and this is what I've chosen to think about today. Ugh - why did I count the days on the calendar - I might just have to take it down so I can't count the days anymore!

No comments: