November 17, 2008

Just a question

So you would think that the sex you have when you're trying to conceive your child would be at the very least good sex if not some of the best sex you've had with your dh. Without getting too personal, the first night of mandatory sex was good, however the second night was downright miserable and was the last thing either of us wanted to do. Just doesn't seem right ya know?

So on another note, if you have any experience in ttc you've figured out we're in the infamous 2ww (two week wait) window. Surprisingly so far I have not been anxious, nervous, or obsessive. I think the key to that is keeping busy. And to be honest, I think I'm at a point where right now I'm feeling that what will be will be (I'll let you know how that attitude pans out towards the middle of next week). Its hard to believe that its already Thanksgiving time and we'll be testing then. Dh and I have decided not to tell anybody (family included) if we get a positive until at least after we get a heartbeat. I'm starting to feel like if we do have success we'll just wait until Christmas so we can have a great announcement at our family gathering. Obviously there are going to be a few people who have been following this journey who in the lack of any negative news will guess what's up. To be honest I don't care if we tell those ppl (there's just a handful) before we tell our families, but that's just me. Dh has some pretty strong feelings about telling his fam before we tell friends. But I think it will all work itself out as we go (and he sucks at keeping secrets).