November 13, 2008

Somebody should have mentioned something...

So still in happy/excited mode, just a little sleep deprived, but anyways...

As I mentioned in previous post, got trigger shot on Tuesday with ovulation happening Wednesday afternoon. So early Wed afternoon started getting a little not comfortable feeling in the general vicinity of my left ovary. Ok - no worries, probably ovulating... well over the course of a few hours it got worse and it was not anywhere close to what I normally feel when I ovulate. Plus on top of that I'm bloated and gained 3lbs since that morning. Adding these all together I of course am starting to have a minor panic that omg my ovaries have hyperstimulated or something got blown out. Called the nurses after hours and they said that if it gets worse to go to the er. Not overly helpful in my opinion so I turned to my experts who have blazed this trail ahead of me already.

APPARENTLY the pain is normal. The drugs make ovaries more sensitive and so ovulating is potentially more painful than usual. Umm... shouldn't the docs maybe have mentioned that? I wouldn't have been sitting in bed running through a million scenarios (well actually I could only come up with two) and worried that I had really gotten my body screwed up and our chances of doing anything this month were gone.

So - normal. Normal is good. And by the time we finally went to bed last night at 1am (that's another story) the pain had reduced to an irritation. Its still there today but it just feels like I hurt myself running and strained my hip flexor.

*Sigh* again... wish I had been told to expect this.... I'm sure this is not the last of this type of surprise - we're going into uncharted waters here folks!

No comments: