February 10, 2009

This Should Not Be THAT Difficult!

I know what you're thinking - this is going to be another whinefest, feel sorry for myself post. I would like to change it up a bit and say no. It is still a bit of a whinefest but not about infertility.

Today's whinefest is about technology and the internet. For the last three weeks dh and I have been experiencing extreme technical difficulties at home. Our computer completely froze out and then we found out that the hard drive had basically melted down on itself... so we had to send it back in to get a new hard drive (thank god we bought the warranty!). So dh is freaking out because he has an online class that he's doing for his bachelor's degree.

I mean, seriously, get a grip right? I have MUCH MUCH bigger problems here! In lacking a computer I can't get on the internet.

HUGE PROBLEM! If I can't get on the internet I can't check the blogs I follow and I can't google what the heck does every twinge or bubble mean! Ack! I sit in front of a computer for the majority of my day but I do like to exercise a little restraint in googling stuff at work... at least when it comes to infertility stuff... big brother is always watching ya know?

Well we finally got the computer back but now the stupid internet isn't working. Umm... ok what gives? Of course dh is looking at me to fix it because he's dreamed up some idea that he thinks I'm a computer expert because I'm able to hide things on the computer and track his activities on the web (I don't really care anymore but there was a time when I did). So... I am not a computer expert, I just know how to work Windows fairly well.

I just want the internet to work. We have a wireless router that allows us to use our laptop anywhere in the house. Ever since we got our computer back I've been getting errors that there's no internet. Power is on... hellloOOO??

Anyways had to vent because I was ready to throw the computer into the wall until I decided to try and connect to the internet The Old Way. Using a LAN cable... yeah I know it was genius! So now I have the internet but I'm chained to the desk. Ugh - I don't have the energy for this tonight. I'll have to leave this to tackle for the weekend.

Getting back on topic of this blog - cd12 is tomorrow and I convinced the nurses to let me come in for my mid-cycle ultrasound on cd12 since I've been getting positive opk's. Wish us luck! (I am predicting follicles in my left ovary - it has been quite uncomfortable for the last two days... I do the guessing to amuse myself and see if I can guess what's going on in there).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck hun! Keep us posted!

WhatAboutNovember said...

good lord, i'd be LOST without my computer. hang in there!

and good luck with everything!