December 2, 2008

And Again

CD 3. Starting clomid again tonight for the next 5 days. We're doing the same thing as last month. Although I've been purusing the internet (what's new right?) and I found some rather interesting information. One is that one of the side effects of clomid is that it causes cervical mucus (sorry if this is TMI for you) to dry up. Well as we all know (don't we?) that cervical mucus(CM) is vital to the ability of the swimmers to make their journey to the promised land. If its not there they have nothing to swim in. *are you following what I'm saying?*

Basically if there isn't any CM to swim in its kind of a moot point of how many follicles get created, especially when you're doing it our way which is the old fashioned way. So along with this information I've found alot of information about women who take Mucinex during their cycle in order to boost the quality of CM.

I'm thinking that this may be something I might try. I haven't exactly cleared it with the docs, but I've determined that its ok to take if you're TTC. Hey - I want all the advantages I can get here! If things don't work for us this time round we're looking at moving to greater levels of assistance which in turn means greater costs (not the max of course) that the insurance doesn't cover.

No comments: