December 17, 2008

TV Show Producers have Baby Brain too!

Last night I had some time to sit down and catch up on some of my tv shows that I've got recorded on my DVR (Tivo essentially). Apparently what ever is in the water is not just restricted to real life. The baby water is in tv land too! Brothers & Sisters - trying to adopt because of not able to get pregnant from fertility treatments (ongoing storyline for about a year so not new), but introduced a new crisis when it was revealed that one of the brother's donated his sperm to use so his other brother and wife could have a baby since the bro had busted sperm... ok... then Private Practice - has babies all over the place due to the main character being a double board certified prenatal surgeon, blah, blah... but just watched an episode where a couple couldn't get pregnant so were trying to adopt along with another lady who wanted invitro done so she could have a baby. And then - just to top it off, Lipstick Jungle - one of the characters is doing fertility treatments because she wants to freeze her eggs so she has options in the future.



While the overarching theme of babies in all tv shows lately doesn't really bother me to watch, it does make me wonder what the heck is going on. Would I notice this commonality if this wasn't such a topic du jour for me? Now the odds that if you are reading this blog you probably have baby brain too... but if for some reason out there you don't - have you noticed this too? Maybe its just the types of shows I watch. Just waiting for Heroes to have some baby drama pop up - I'm waaaay behind on that one so I have three prospective episodes where this could be very likely!



Has anybody noticed this trend??

No comments: