December 31, 2008

Status update

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the pathetic excuse for a title that this post has. I've been feeling less than inspired about how to post our results for December, month 26 in the TTC roller coaster that I'm on.

Tested on Dec. 29th, BFN, even tested Dec. 30th just to be sure and that was a BFN as well. So here we go, yet again.

Dh and I have discussed in length about what we want to do next. I have been having a real mental block about making the leap into truly assisted conception. I guess I was really hoping that since we had that fluke and brief successful conception in July/August that we would be able to do it again. It seems that's not the case. I know its only been two cycles on Clomid and I shouldn't freak out yet because there's still a chance. The problem is that it hasn't just been over a year and we're just starting on with Clomid. Its been just over two years and a miscarriage and I'm having a very hard time accepting that this month didn't work. We timed everything so perfectly. I know - I should know better than to expect it to work right away right? But anyways, we've talked and we've decided that we're probably going to move onto doing IUI this cycle. It isn't covered by our insurance so I'm not sure if it doesn't work the first time if we'll be able to do it a second time right away. We're looking at the range of $800-$1,000, not exactly change we have lying around. But we shall see.

Just wanted to post so in case there was anybody checking this over the last two weeks, I didn't want you to get your hopes up that the reason I had gone silent was because of something good. Just a very uninspired infertile over here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have been checking in, and I was starting to worry. Sorry it didnt work out. Nothing is ever easy is it? Stupid fucking infertility!

Big hugs!