January 4, 2009

Didn't Like the Doc's Initial Plan for Jan

Today is cycle day 5. When I called the RE's office I waited until cycle day 3 for them to call me back before I called them back again to find out what was the plan. When I finally did get a chance to talk to a nurse she told me that the "plan" was the same thing as the last two cycles. I paused and thought, I don't think so. And then started to push back on doing the same thing again. I mean really - I didn't respond whatsoever to the clomid, only got one egg each time, and then I also talked to her about the whole issue that clomid causes with cm (cervical mucus) and that when that gets dried up things are not going to work anyways. My guess is that is what went wrong the last two cycles. We timed everything fantastically but to no avail. So I told her that we wanted to move onto IUI. I guess I was just a little flabbergasted that I had to push back so much on just doing the same old thing. I think I was pretty polite about it and I didn't get mad. Just told her that - if it had only been one year and two months at this point I would probably be ok with doing another round of the same thing, but it isn't... its been two years and two months. I'm tired of playing this game and I want a result!

So she said she would talk to the doc and call me back. They've decided to up my clomid dosage from 100mg to 150mg (oh goody, not only were the side effects increased in the last cycle, but not I get to put more of this hellish drug into my system!) and doing the IUI is my call. She said basically just tell the nurse when you go in for cd14 ultrasound that we want to do an IUI and they'll schedule it then since its timed off of when I get my trigger shot and all that. So I got kindof what I wanted - they upped the drugs (even though I did ask about injectibles and they nixed that) and I can do the IUI. But the response to the IUI just felt a little offhanded. The way she said that the doc said it was my call if I wanted to do the IUI or timed intercourse was like - well if that's what you really want to do go ahead and do it, I don't care... maybe I'm just being silly, but it just sort of felt that way.

I personally don't think we're crazy for wanting to get more aggressive - but my normal MO with docs is to follow what they want to do rather than push back on them. But I guess it needs to get done sometime right?

No comments: