January 5, 2009

Baby Making on the Brain!

I don't know if its the clomid or what's the deal but all I have had on my mind this morning is babies. And its in a positive way too. I visited a friend yesterday who is due in the next week or so and I was really excited to hear about all the stuff she's doing and see the nursery. And feeling generally happy for people who are pregnant and not feeling sorry for myself because I'm not. Its a good feeling. Hopefully it lasts for a little while. But anyways... like I said - total baby brain and that leads me to the new things I'm wondering about. I've got new things to google this month since we're gonna do an IUI instead of just the good ol'fashioned try.

I don't think I could be a nurse at an RE's office. I have only called the Nurseline (which is just a voicemail and then they call you back) for my cycle day 1 calls and to find out test results. Generally speaking I reserve my questions for my fellow infertiles since they have first hand experience. But today I called - of course I checked with a few others first - but I decided it wouldn't hurt.

My big concern this morning is that my mid-cycle ultrasound is scheduled for cd14. Over the weekend a fellow infertile said that she thought that would be way too late, especially for an insemination, and she usually goes in on cd11 and gets her trigger shot the next day. With my last cycle I had a positive opk on cd14 and both cycles I've gotten my trigger shot right there at the appointment. So I went home and re-read the instructions (even though I have them practically memorized at this point) just to make sure. And it definitely says cd14 regardless of insemination or intercourse. But of course - I'm not reassured... so I called and left a message...

And of course once I talked to the nurse I felt better and more understanding that it is ok to get a positive opk b/c if I got one earlier than cd14 they would have me come in that afternoon and schedule me for the trigger shot and all that.

So long story short - I try not to call the nurses all the time to ask my questions - goodness knows that they would definitely know who I was if I did call them every time I had a question. I try to use my other resources. So I think I'm pretty low key in terms of harassing them... but it makes me wonder about what other women are like. I'm sure there's some ttc'ers who have no other resources and call the nurses at every chance. I know that's what they're there for but I don't think I could handle crazy hormonal women all the time!

No comments: