January 12, 2009

Still Alive

I thought I would post an update on what's going on since I've realized that I've been a sucky blogger over the last two weeks. I don't know if its because of where we are in the cycle - there's not much new to get all angst about - or if its because we are now two years and three months into this and I'm done with being all angst about things.

Or it could be the acupuncture...

Yep - my sister-in-law gave me acupuncture sessions for a christmas gift. It was very thoughtful of her as I had been talking about maybe looking into it. So I've gone three times now for the last two weeks. Maybe that has something to do with being super mellowed out. Or maybe it was because I had two weeks off of work over the holidays.

I am uber-duber relaxed is all I can say. All last week this is what my days consisted of: go to work, go to gym, work out with trainer, go home, eat dinner, take a warm bath for an hour while reading my book, continue to read book in bed until fall asleep. Granted absolutely nothing got done around the house last week, but I really didn't care. I thoroughly enjoyed all the quiet time I had. I'm hoping that will help things this week.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to go in for my cycle day 14 ultrasound. I have mixed feelings about this visit. Part of me really hopes that the upped levels of clomid got me to respond with more follicles (even one more, is that too much to ask?), but the other part of me realizes that probably didn't happen and we'll have just one follicle. Regardless we'll be doing IUI. My week is somewhat in flux because I don't know exactly what day this is going to happen on. Last cycle I had a positive opk on cd14 so if that happens again we'll be doing the IUI on Wednesday, if not it'll be Thursday.

So keep your fingers crossed that the extra clomid made some extra follicles grow and I'll post an update tomorrow - I promise I won't wait until next Monday!

No comments: