January 27, 2009

Totally Re-Thinking This Sharing Thing

So today has me really re-thinking this whole sharing with the family what's going on. This cycle was the first one that the parents and SIL knew the timing of things and when we would find out. I know they care, but I just hated having to have those conversations and hear how sorry everybody is and how they thought for sure it would work. Yeah me too. I'm kind of over dwelling on it and I'm working really hard on not having a pity party about it. Actually even contemplating telling the fam that we are going to take the next month or so off so that way we're off the hook for giving status updates. For some reason I don't mind telling my friends, maybe its the fact that I can deliver the message through here or via text messages and emails. I don't have to hear the sad disappointed tone in their voices or the attempt at sympathy. Or maybe its the fact that they give me a little space and they wait for me to come to them rather than call me for the update.

Yes it sucks. Yes I agree, its hard to believe that it didn't work. Yes we're going to keep trying (seriously that was a question). Can I please move on with my life now?

I guess I'm just annoyed at the situation - I was super disappointed to get a negative, but when I get a phone call about it I have to relieve the disappointment and discuss how much it sucks over and over again. Its enough to drive a girl crazy! Just get me my clomid and let's move on already!

3 comments:

WhatAboutNovember said...

I know exactly what you mean. There aren't many people in my life that don't know we're TTC. I hope it's not that I'm blabbing nonstop about it - it's just that I don't see any reason to hide it. ?

In any case - though the support is nice, the family involvement is harder to deal with. The calls for updates, etc etc. Friends don't ask. They know I'll say something if I want or need to. I'm fairly lucky that nobody has outright said anything totally stupid to me yet.

LOL. Yes, let's just get on with the Clomid.

WhatAboutNovember said...

PS. I like the name of your blog. Who knew baby-making would turn into a group project complete with a cheering section?

Jenn said...

Welcome! So happy to have a new reader! I think sometimes sharing what is going on makes it easier to deal with. Although sometimes the cheering section does have its downside too.