January 31, 2009

Cycle Day 1

Today is cycle day 1. AF took her sweet ass time showing up, 6 days! I missed talking to the nurse today when she called me back but she said she would call me Monday. I'm going to write it down somewhere I can remember to ask if that is normal that it takes 5-6 days for the progesterone to clear my system and AF to show up. So today is CD1.

Since I had to get a CD1 I'm happy it was today. For multiple reasons: 1) I can relax today rather than having to go to work feeling all crampy and stuff and 2) that means cd14 is on a Friday and most likely we can schedule to do our IUI on Saturday or Sunday of Valentine's weekend. I was having a little anxiety about what the heck I was going to tell my boss and co-workers on why I needed to miss another day of work.

The only downside to this is that my mother will be in town that weekend for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower (on the Sunday). So that throws everything out the window about not telling our family anything about timing. Hopefully I can feed her some kind of story about it'll take three weeks before we know, or maybe I should just be honest and tell her that I appreciate her caring and checking in with me but I would rather her not do it and just assume that no news means no news and I'll get with her when I'm ready to talk about it... It will be a delicate conversation that's for sure!

On another note, today I went and visited my friend, who just had her first baby, in the hospital. I am very happy to report that even though I was a little nervous about how I would feel being there I had no twinges of sadness, envy, or any need to have a pity party. I was just simply happy for them and enjoyed holding their daughter, visiting with my friends, and watching them interact with her. If anything it just reaffirmed that this will be all worth it when we finally have success.

No comments: