January 23, 2009

Testing... Testing... Is that a line or is it my eyes?

So I've broken down and I only made it until this morning. Yup, I tested. I'm not going to share results just yet, mostly because I'm not really positive exactly what the result was. I switched to one of the "+/-" tests. You know the ones where you strain your eyes until they tear up just to see if a vertical line appeared? Normally I use what one of my friends calls the "word ones". The last two cycles I did that's what I used since those were what gave me a "Pregnant" result back in August. I've decided that 1) those are a little more expensive, not ridiculously, but hey if I'm buying quantity I want to get more for my $$, and 2) those tests are just not that fun to take. Its so absolute. So NOT PREGNANT, and there's no hope of even trying to pretend like it could be a yes.

So back to my experiences with "+/-" testing. I decided very early this morning at 5:30am** (yes I know that is an obscene hour to be awake at) that somebody needs to come up with a new type of test. I would like to put a request into anybody who reads this who works for a drug or lab company or know somebody who does. I think there needs to be a home-blood test. You know, kindof like the diabetes test that people prick their finger to get their sugar levels. I don't see why this wouldn't work for testing for hcg. I just would so love to know is there absolutely any hcg in my system?? I guess if I knew the levels were over 5 but might just be under 25 (cause most tests don't pick up less than that) that there is hope.

I don't want to pee on sticks anymore, I want somebody to take my blood and give me a definitive answer. Even though interpreting lines is sooo much fun, I would much prefer a quantitative answer that I understand.




**Ok I just had to share this because I hope somebody out there will sympathize or at least get a kick out of it - I actually considered waking my husband up to tell me what he thought if there was a line or not. Then I realized that if I did that it would be a moot point since he would probably strangle me for waking him up at 5:30am when he got home from work at 2am. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can wake him up and survive it so I can get a second opinion.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

my fingers are crossed that there is a + sign!!

Jenn said...

Me too! I'm going to try and hold off (yea right!) until Sunday since I have just one more test.

Sarah said...

lol. I hate the fact that I get a discount at work....it justifies using more of them.

Good luck!

Sarah said...

dying to know....update?